|Apparently Collis Browne was also an|
advocate in the health benefits of beards *
"He was found unconscious in the Legislative Council building on the evening of 27 September 1892, and died soon afterwards. The coroner found that he died from an overdose of chlorodyne taken to induce sleep, he well knowing the risk he was taking of its killing him."
The stuff even pops up in this medical article about the last days of Queen Victoria!
"... when requested at night to provide relief for the Queen’s insomnia, Sir James [Reid] gave chlorodyne, a vestigial version of the hypnotic chloral hydrate ..."
|The cure-all lozenge!|